Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £144.57 - £150
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for temporary a Social Worker who would be interested in working in Gateshead for an Adults Learning Disability service. This role is initially available for a period of 2 – 3 months and will be paying an daily rate of £144.57 via an umbrella company.
You will be working in a new Learning Disability and Autism care management function whose remit will be to dynamically review and respond to fluctuating needs by offering the right amount of support at each point in time in order to ensure maximum safe independence.
- To perform all the functions of the post in a manner consistent with current legislation and with current Social Services policies, standards and procedures as endorsed by the Senior Management Team.
- To take responsibility for all the functions of the post within the boundaries of delegated responsibility.
- To manage a caseload and associated administrative tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
- To act appropriately upon receiving referrals allocated by the team manager / senior social work practitioner.
- To engage and empower service users, their carers and their support networks and actively to elicit service user and carer feedback in order to ensure person centred interventions.
- To ensure that appropriate information is available for service users and carers
- To carry out assessments as appropriate, including carer assessments, within timescales and to contribute to or coordinate the construction of outcome focused care plans which are informed by best practice, guidance and an understanding of the organisational context.
- To attend court as and when required and to prepare and present any necessary reports.
- To work in partnership with other professionals e.g. Health, in order to provide appropriate and effective services for service users and carers.
- To provide written and verbal reports as required and to assist in assessing and monitoring the implementation of plans and outcomes for service users.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: Experience working with service users with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .