Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £39270 - £43150
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
AMHP, Forensic Service
£39,270 – £43,150
We are looking for a specialist AMHP to join the Community Forensic Service based in Chertsey. Surrey County Council aims to deliver high quality care to service-users with mental health and substance misuse needs so they are seeking someone who is enthusiastic and has a genuine interest within these fields. In return for your time you will be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £43,150 plus an AMHP supplement of £1,500.
About the role:
- You will effectively manage a complex caseload of clients with severe mental health needs whilst assessing the social care needs of individuals to deliver comprehensive care plans to meet specific needs within an integrated team.
- As practitioners within the teams, the AMHP is expected to understand the recovery model and promote this way of working with people who use services/carers. They are also expected to promote this model of working with health colleagues and support their practice when necessary.
- You will have an interest in forensic mental health and a good understanding of risk assessment and the mental health act.
- You will be responsible for undertaking statutory duties and be part of a rota for the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) service.
- You will be supported to offer supervision, training and professional development of staff, students and volunteers, and be responsible for your own personal training in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues.
Requirements of an AMHP:
- Professional social work qualification as an Approved Mental Health Professional and HCPC registered
Applied knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, and detailed working knowledge and understanding of relevant national and local policy and statutory guidance and legalisation in relation to the provision of social care services.
A comprehensive understanding of common health conditions, associated impairments and the disabling barriers individuals may experience.
Have a valid driving licence to drive in the UK and access to an insured vehicle and be willing to travel across a wide geographical area in accordance with the needs of the role.
What to expect:
- Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
£1,500 AMHP annual supplement
Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
A wide variety of training and development opportunities
Flexible working options
Commitment to Career Progression
Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]