Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £25 - £25
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of individuals accross Redcar and Cleveland.
A core requirement of the post is that the worker will operate as an AMHP and provide required s114 statutory MHA (Mental Health Act) cover to the AMHP duty rota. The post will involve some out of hours working, where assessments have commenced during working hours, but then have run beyond core working hours..
- To arrange and coordinate the process of assessments under the Mental Health Act 1983 adhering to all mental health legislation, the MHA Codes of Practice and other related legislation. This includes the screening of MHA referrals and would be undertaken on a rota basis, acting as a Single Point of Access for all requests for assessments under the Mental Health Act.
- To practice as an Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP), including participating on the Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP) rota which will take place in a variety of settings including assessments in the community, s136 suites, police stations and hospitals.
- Qualifications: AMHP Qualification or the requirement that the appointed worker undertakes training within 12 months of appointment leading to the qualification of AMHP. Suitably qualified professional: Social Work qualification or equivalent i.e. MA or BA in Social Work, Dip SW CQSW or CSS with two years post-registration experience, qualified Nurse, Occupational Therapist or chartered Psychologist with the skills and experience specified in the regulations – this includes two years post-registration experience.
- Experience: 3+ years working with as an AMHP as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.