Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £12 - £18
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a couple of Assistant Residential Workers to work waking nights in the Shrewsbury area. These positions are initially for 6 weeks but there is a strong possibility that the contracts will be extended. The hourly rate on offer is from £12.00 – £18.00 per hour (paid to you via an umbrella company) depending on experience. Candidates will need to be in a position to work from 21:30 – 7:30 on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
The Assistant residential worker (waking nights) will work as part of a team at Bradbury house to deliver high quality short breaks to children and young people aged 0-17years.
- To work as a waking night support worker on a shift basis to include weeknights and weekend nights.
- To effectively monitor and support the young people overnight, including personal care.
- To administer medication and clinical procedures as and when required following appropriate training .
- To complete housekeeping duties, including laundry, cleanliness of the home, and assist in preparation for meals for the following day if required.
- To maintain the homes daily log with effective recording.
- Ensure that the young people are effectively safeguarded, and any concerns raised with the line manager.
- To give effective handovers for the following shift leaders.
- Qualifications: NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .