Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £37 - £37
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care currently require an Assistant Team Manager on a 3-6-month basis to oversee and support the management of a Children’s Safeguarding Team in Huntingdon.
Initially, this position is available on a temporary basis up to 6 months, however subject to performance and requirements there may be the potential for this post to continue beyond this point. It would be expected that the suitable candidate would receive an hourly rate in the region of £37p/h
Roles & Responsibilities
- Deputising for the Team Manager in their absence
- Providing support and leadership to a team of experienced and junior social workers – supporting them to effectively and efficiently handle caseloads which involving child protection and children in need.
- Act as an expert in providing guidance to social workers where assistance is required in handling complex or difficult cases. Supporting social workers to ensure that children in the community receive the appropriate safeguarding from harm and ensuring where required cases are properly transferred over to the appropriate departments
- Supporting with the management of staff – ensuring punctuality, attendance, performance and behaviours are in line with the local authorities’ standards and expectations.
Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Social Work
- Previous experience at managerial/supervisory level is essential
- 3+ Years’ experience working directly with cases involving child protection and/or children in need of protection.
- Full Driving Licence
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a support worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.