Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £46908 - £50172
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an advanced Biomedical Scientist (Band 7) that specialises in Clinical Chemistry to be based in Guernsey. If you are looking for a new permanent position, then apply now.
The role requires a high level of theoretical and practical knowledge of Clinical Chemistry. You will be required to contribute to the training and supervision of junior scientific, support and administrative staff within the IBMS training guidelines. Working individually or as part of a small team you will contribute to the development of new assays, policies and procedures.
- The advanced biomedical scientist in Clinical Chemistry participates in the provision of a comprehensive, robust and cost effective diagnostic Clinical Chemistry service
- Provide advice to clinicians and service users regarding all aspects of Clinical Chemistry.
- The role requires a high level of theoretical and practical knowledge of Clinical Chemistry, and a working knowledge of immunology and viral serology.
- Contribute to the training and supervision of junior scientific, support and administrative staff within the IBMS training guidelines.
- Work individually or as part of a small team contribute to the development of new procedures and practices for specialist Clinical Chemistry investigations.
- Qualifications: Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Sciences from an accredited university, Hold a Master’s degree in Biomedical Science (Clinical Chemistry) and/or Specialist Diploma in Clinical Chemistry or equivalence, Specialist Courses e.g. IBMS specialist training.
- Experience: Relevant post registration experience in Clinical Chemistry. You should have significant post qualification experience in general biochemistry; previous knowledge of ROCHE analytics would be an advantage.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK and valid HCPC registration.
- Hours: Full time, permanent.
- A relocation package is available, which includes removals, house-hunting and rental allowance for private accommodation.
- Interview and travel reimbursement
- Housing Permit which is accessible to any member of family travelling with you
- Market leading pay package
- Generous Annual leave
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Business Support Manager who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.