Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Michele Dawson
Salary: £46908 - £50172
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for an advanced Biomedical Scientist (Band 7) that specialises in Haematology and Blood Transfusion to be based in Guernsey. If you are looking for a new permanent position, then apply now.
We are looking for an Advanced Biomedical Scientist to provide a comprehensive, robust and cost-effective diagnostic Haematology & Blood Transfusion services. This is a great opportunity to have a high level of autonomy in your role, while working as part of a small team. This, balanced with a healthy work-life balance with access to the beautiful beaches, scenery and outdoor activities is unparalleled.
- In this role, you will interact with a wide range of stakeholders dealing with multi-professional staff as well as public.
- You will provide advice to clinicians and service users regarding all aspects of Haematology and Blood Transfusion using a high level of theoretical and knowledge.
- With this in mind you will be required to train and supervise junior scientific, support and administrative staff within the IBMS training guidelines, working individually or as part of a small team, contributing to the development of new procedures and practices for specialist Haematology and Blood Transfusion investigations.
- Qualifications: Hold a Master’s degree in Biomedical Science in either Haematology or Blood Transfusion and/or a Specialist Diploma in Haematology and Blood Transfusion or equivalence.
- Experience: The post holder will have significant post qualification experience in Haematology and Blood Transfusion. You will also possess the ability to work efficiently under pressure including handling a large volume of work. Previous NSBT experience is desirable but NOT essential.
- Compliance: Proof to live and work in the UK, valid HCPC registration and IBMS membership
- Hours: Full time, permanent.
- A relocation package is available, which includes removals, house-hunting and rental allowance for private accommodation.
- Interview and travel reimbursement
- Housing Permit which is accessible to any member of family travelling with you
- Market leading pay package
- Generous Annual leave
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Business Support Manager who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.