Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £10.5 - £10.5
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for temporary a Support Worker who would be interested in working in South Tyneside. This role is initially available for a period of 3 months and will be paying an hourly rate of £10.50 via an umbrella company.
To deliver a high quality of care to a diverse range of people with care and support needs, adopting a personcentred approach with a focus on promoting independence and wellbeing. You will predominantly be attached to one establishment/team but will be expected to work flexibly across a range of establishments/teams, as required.
- Undertaking a flexible role across a range of in-house services, applying transferable skills and knowledge, and the principles of equality and diversity to a range of individuals.
- Working shift patterns, including evenings/overnights and weekends, as appropriate and required.
- Liaising with a range of other professionals, engaging with multi-agency work, to provide a high standard of care, promoting independence and wellbeing.
- Delivering a high quality of personal care and supporting the emotional and physical needs of service users.
- Administering medication according to policy and procedure, applying best practice at all times and working to the best interest of the individual.
- Encouraging service users to exercise their own choices and formulate their own decisions where possible.
- Raising concerns in the event of safeguarding/disciplinary and grievance procedures.
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care with a commitment to work towards NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Maths & English Key Skills
- Experience of caring for and working with a diverse range of people with care and support needs
- Experience of person centred planning
- Ability to provide appropriate care and support in a personalised way to meet the needs of individuals
- Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Must be able to work shift rota basis 07:00 – 15:00, 15:00 – 23:00 with some night shift cover required 23:00 – 07:00
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424 .