Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £38 - £38
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Child Protection Chair to work with Norfolk County Council. This role is initially available for a period of 3 months and is based in Norwich. The hourly rate is £38.00.
Independent Conference Chairs (ICs) and Independent Reviewing Officers (IROs) will contribute to improvement of their service. They will also maintain quality assurance systems to monitor practice in relation to vulnerable children and young people, so that practice is enhanced and the best possible outcomes are achieved.
- Chairing child protection conferences and looked after children reviews, meeting the requirements of regulations and statutory guidance in respect of both roles. Within the child protection conference process, to give advice and guidance on decision-making to conference members and to ensure that the analysis and management of risk is reflected in the decisions made and in the recommendations of child protection plans. Within the looked after children review process, to ensure that care plans meet the needs of the individual children and young people and are progressed in a timely way.
- To contribute to the establishment and maintenance of quality standards in conferences and reviews, including the promotion of user involvement and the involvement of all relevant agencies, and ensuring equal opportunities.
- To maintain quality assurance systems to monitor practice in relation to reviews and conferences themselves, and wider issues regarding safeguarding and care planning, in order to provide feedback on performance and contribute to the development of best practice.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.