Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £22 - £26
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Gateshead.
- As a Social Worker you will be there to support and deliver professional social work services and achieve good outcomes for service users, their families and carers.
- To fulfil, with guidance and support, the role of Lead Professional within the context of the Children’s Trust Arrangements.
- To provide consultation and support to lead professionals from a range of agencies around safeguarding, child protection and placement issues.
- Working with others to investigate alleged neglect, ill treatment or abuse of children and to make enquiries as to the need to provide services to such children.
- Working with others on the investigation of Child Protection Procedures or an application for an appropriate order in respect of such children in line with Departmental policy and procedures.
- The supervision of Children subject to a Child Protection Plan within the guidelines set out by the Local Safeguarding Board and their line manager.
- The assessment of Children Looked After by Manchester in order that the Departments statutory duties towards children are met.
- To undertake the preparation of reports, statements and such other legal documents as may be required in relation to children and young persons in both criminal and Family Proceeding Courts within the relevant timescales and supported to attend Court and represent the Department within the parameters agreed by managers.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.