Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £19568 - £20777
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Weekend Coordinator, Family Contact Centre
Forest Gate, London
£20,777 per annum + Holiday Supplement
We are looking for are looking to for a Weekend Coordinator to maintain the smooth running of a busy Family Contact Centre providing supervised / supported contacts in the centre and community. This role is for 28 hours over a four day week and would suit someone who is looking for a regular working pattern in a dynamic working environment of a Family Contact Centre.
About the role:
- The Weekend Co-ordinator facilitates a wraparound service on Fridays and Mondays and manages the centre at the weekends; reporting to the senior co-ordinator.
- You’ll effectively protect and promote the welfare of all children using the centre and to provide a prompt and responsive service to parents/carers in order to support the safety and welfare of children in their care.
- You’ll provide direction, support, advice and guidance to supervisors, foster carers, parents, and children who use the contact centre services at the weekend.
- You’ll have the ability to work sensitively with some complex family cases whilst maintaining confidentiality and providing a superior customer focused service
- NNEB/NVQ level 3/BTEC diploma in Child Care and Education or equivalent
- Experience of direct work with children and families in day care or social care settings.
- Experience of working in an environment where they have supervised contact between children and families is desirable
- Clear understanding of main purposes of Children Act 1989/2004.Working Together (2015).
- Knowledge of safeguarding principles. Child protection policy, procedures and practice.
- Understanding of child development, child abuse and childcare theory and practice.
What to expect:
- Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Access to the company pension scheme
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]