Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £52903 - £52903
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Children’s Professional Development Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Practice, Quality and Learning Service within Surrey Children’s Service. The team supports continuous improvement as a learning organisation to positively impact upon practice standards and deliver improved outcomes for vulnerable children and families.
About the role:
- As Professional Development Manager you will lead in the professional development of trainee and practicing social workers and will have the knowledge and expertise to provide advice and support in a range of areas including Student Placements, Step Up, Apprenticeships, Accreditation and ASYE.
- You will manage the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and develop the Teaching Partnership to improve the overall quality of practice learning.
- You will supervise the Practice Educator role with the team and develop and expand the training and support to Practice Educators and Work Based Supervisors to ensure a high quality placement experience for students.
- You will take on responsibility for supervision of non-professionally qualified staff, particularly the Senior Family Support Worker (CSE) following appropriate training on staff supervision and assessment of competence, and mentor newly qualified social workers.
- Evaluating practice through audit and quality assurance, evidencing outcomes and working with managers across Children’s Service to develop plans and actions that drive practice and service improvement.
Requirements of a Development Manager:
- Professional social work qualification, CQSW or Diploma in Social Work (Dip SW )
- You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to develop positive working relationships with Universities, Higher Education institutions, partner organisations and the SW London & Surrey Alliance on a local, regional and national level to promote collaboration, joint working and share best practice.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
What to expect:
- Generous Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
Can you see yourself working in Surrey?
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]