Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £25 - £28
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children Northumberland.
As Social Worker, you will be responsible t o provide time limited intervention and intensive support to families who are in crisis or where dysfunctional relationships between young people. Provide social services and assistance to improve the social and psychological functioning of children and their families and to maximize the family well-being and the academic functioning of children
- To respond flexibly and rapidly to requests for interventions and support packages to maintain young people with their families in the community.
- To work closely with colleagues in Children’s Specialist Services to monitor and review cases as part of Southwark’s strategy to reduce the number of children and young people becoming looked after by the local authority.
- To ensure that practice responds positively and sensitively to cultural, religious, linguistic and ethnic diversity and in relation to gender, sexual orientation, family status and ability.
- To be responsible for the negotiation and allocation of appropriate provision to clients and their families: through the determination of service provision contracts with providers, ensuring that the complex needs of users are met, providing value for money.
- To ensure the implementation and coordination of complex assessments, the purchase of agreed packages of care and the monitoring of service contracts, in partnership with the users/carers and advocates.
- To work closely with other Council Departments and statutory and independent agencies to meet the complex needs of service users and their carers.
- To establish links with and support local groups, user representatives, and other local resources which provide informal networks of care .
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.