Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sophie Wicks
Salary: £13.72 - £13.72
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a temporary Childrens Residential Care Worker (Band 8) to work full time in an exclusive role for Darlington Borough Council.
To work as a member of the home’s staff team and to provide children with the necessary activities, support, care and guidance within our home’s and the environment beyond for the duration of any child’s stay with us. To be professionally responsible.
- To provide activities, support and structure for children in the home ensuring appropriate levels and standards of individual care.
- To maintain standards of good practice at all times, establishing purposeful and constructive relationships and appropriate role modelling so as to assist with the development of their life, activities, education, social skills and personal skills.
- To maintain and produce required records and reports as necessary to ensure smooth, efficient running of the home.
- To participate on a shift basis by rota, demonstrating a level of commitment and flexibility to enable the efficient running of the home.
- To undertake training and utilise learning within the home.
- To act as a key worker/link worker for individual children, with supervision, including befriending, advising and acting as an advocate when necessary.
- Where applicable, to attend to and contribute to any review, case conference and planning meeting as necessary.
- To take appropriate action to ensure that activity and other plans are designed, implemented and reviewed so that children’s stay is managed, their health, social and emotional development is monitored and appropriate opportunities are made available to assist with any other need for the duration.
- NVQ Level 3 health and social care or children and young people
- Right to work
- Direct work or involvement with children as a paid worker, volunteer or carer and with at least 2 years residential experience and some previous experience taking on senior responsibilities within a children’s home
- Must have understanding of child development and children’s physical and emotional needs.
- Knowledge of Children’s Homes Regulations and Quality Standards, working together to safeguard children, Children’s Act 1989 & 2004 and Care Standards act 2000.
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Full license and access to a car
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Residential Care Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.