Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Matthew Buckman
Salary: £10 - £10
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Children’s Residential Care Worker
£10.00 per hour – rolling rota inc sleep ins (
FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE REQUIRED
With a number of homes in the Herefordshire area, caring for Children & Young people aged 8 – 18 we are looking for resilient, hardworking staff to join us and make a real difference to those in our care.
We provide the highest level of care in a nurturing environment that promotes warmth and positive regard alongside safety and containment.
For this role you will need a FULL UK DRIVING LICENCE due to the nature of the role and the location of the homes.
Salary & Benefits
- £10.00 hour
- (For staff that are not qualified to Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent)
- £10.25 per hour if you are qualified to Level 3 in Residential Childcare or equivalent
- After successful completion of your probation, we would expect you to be committed to passing your Level 3 Residential Childcare within 2 years, which the company will provide.
- Sleep ins incur an uplift of £30 per shift on your salary.
Normal shift hours are 07:30 – 23:00 plus Sleep Ins, which are conducted at the manager’s request.
The rota has you typically working 1 shift on and 2 days off depending on cover and annual leave. We strive to give at one full weekend off every month with you working either Saturday or Sunday on the other weeks.
There is of course some flexibility and our managers know how important a good work life balance is for their team.
Duties & Skills
The skills we expect our staff to have:
- · A Passion for working with children
- · A Good Team Player
- · Excellent Communication Skills
- · Engaging & Hardworking with a strong determination to succeed
- · Effective leadership
- · Resilience & Honesty
- · A willingness to learn and adapt
- · Time Keeping
The type of day-to-day duties can include
- · Meeting the needs of the Children and Young People
- · Maintaining the home (laundry, cleaning shopping etc.)
- · Liaising with external Stakeholders and our own multi-disciplinary team
- · Managing complex behaviours and crisis intervention
- · Pension scheme
- · Meals provided
- · Opportunities for progression and promotion
- · Management development programme
- · Free parking
- · Childcare vouchers
- · Employee discount scheme
- · Employee assistance programme
- · Free induction training
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.