Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £33910 - £37875
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Childrens Residential Manager,
Package from £33,910 – £37,875 per annum.
As a Residential Manager you will be working within a team based in Ayrshire. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package of £33,910 – £37,875 per annum.
About the role of the Childrens Residential Manager:
- To manage the residential house effectively and efficiently, ensuring the effective delivery of the main responsibilities and key result areas identified within the role of Residential Manager
- Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any young people that you may come into contact with.
- Work in accordance with vision and aims.
- Take overall responsibility for all staff, delegating effectively and appropriately.
- Ensure staff team are supported and supervised on a 24/7 basis which should include observation of practice across shifts.
- Manage and monitor staffing costs, staffing structures and rota’s, ensuring they meet requirements of the children’s needs and are in line with allocated budgets.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities in relation to adherence of policies, both in the house, the organisation and those set out in the regulation of care standards.
- Ensure all staff adhere to and work within the policies and procedures established in the organisation and the house.
- Develop and make known to staff a variety of intervention strategies regarding behaviour management. In order that children can develop coping mechanisms and changes in patterns of behaviour.
- Take a lead in ensuring meetings and reviews of children and staff are delivered within required time scales.
- Ensure effective delivery of individual care planning requirements for children and young people.
- Ensure that the high standards expected in the delivery of care are upheld, and that the standing of the company is maintained.
- Ensure the home has sufficient and varied information which is accessible to all regarding access to support agencies that will promote the health and well being of children & young people in placement.
- Take the lead in ensuring an open culture is created, one in which children feel that they can complain and that they are listened to.
- Ensure that the house functions in such a manner that staff, children understand, recognise and celebrate the diversity of cultures and beliefs within the local and wider community.
- Complete the administration of financial, payroll and staffing related matters in the house within the prescribed time scales.
- Work in collaboration with Human Resources to manage all employee relations within the home, in line with current employment legislation and Spark of Genius policies and procedures.
- Work within the code of confidentiality and ensure that records in the house are stored and held in a manner which is compliant with regulations.
- Undertake and participate in any required training programmes which are relevant to the employment of staff working in children services, paying particular regard to residential care and the management role.
- Provide staff with sufficient information that ensures they understand the role of a key worker and devise monitoring systems, which will ensure this is delivered to a high standard.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Safeguard and protect the health and well being of children & young people.
- Work in partnership with families, local authorities and external agencies
Requirements of the Childrens Residential Manager:
- SVQ 4 and HNC (or equivalent).
- Educated to SQA Standard. (Can be evidenced in other professional training)or ability to demonstrate competency at this level.
- Full UK driving licence.
- SSSC Registered
Can you see yourself working in Ayrshire?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682