Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £33910 - £37102
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Children’s Residential manager
£33,910 – £37,102 Per Annum.
As a Residential Manager you will be managing a home based around Dunoon. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,910 – £37,102 Per Annum.
About the role:
- To manage the residential house effectively and efficiently, ensuring the effective delivery of the main responsibilities and key result areas identified within the role of Residential Manager.
- To participate in an on call rota to ensure effective management across services on a 24/7 basis.
- Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any young people that you may come into contact with.
- Work in accordance with vision and aims.
- Take overall responsibility for all staff, delegating effectively and appropriately.
- Ensure staff team are supported and supervised on a 24/7 basis which should include observation of practice across shifts.
- Manage and monitor staffing costs, staffing structures and rota’s, ensuring they meet requirements of the children’s needs and are in line with allocated budgets.
- Ensure all staff are aware of their responsibilities in relation to adherence of policies, both in the house, the organisation and those set out in the regulation of care standards.
Requirements of a Residential Manager:
- SVQ 4 and HNC (or equivalent).
- Educated to SQA Standard. (Can be evidenced in other professional training) or ability to demonstrate competency at this level.
- A willingness to participate in all in house training whether mandatory, development or identified training. (Mandatory is working towards an SVQ 4 Leadership & Management or equivalent.
- Ability to work shifts including evening and weekends.
- Full UK driving licence.
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682 or at [email protected]