Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £17500 - £22500
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Childrens Residential Support Worker
£17,500 – £22,500
As a Residential Support Worker you will be working within a residential setting in North Ayrshire. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package of £17,500 – £22,500
About the role:
- To be part of a team offering a comprehensive residential service to children and young people, the aim being to ensure the physical, social and emotional care, and development of the children and young people and the establishment.
- The client has asked for candidates to be experienced in working with vulnerable young people with social, emotional and challenging behavioural problems
- Responsibility for ensuring and promoting the safeguarding of any young people that you may come into contact with.
- Work in accordance with Spark of Genius vision and aims
- To carry out duties in line with Spark of Genius policies and procedures
- To act as a key worker to specific young people
- Assisting in health promotion and personal hygiene development of the young people
- Work in line with young peoples care plans
- Promote young peoples participation, to ensuring young people are actively involved in the environment and day to day activities of the home.
- To comply with the code of conduct as require by the SSSC
- To ensure the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people through the night time period.
- To be fully aware of safeguarding and child protection issues.
- To fully understand the reporting process of child protection within the home.
- To understand the principals of safeguarding young people, staff and self
- To have a full understanding of the emergency call out procedures of the house
Requirements of a Residential Support Worker:
- SVQ 3 and HNC (or equivalent) which allows registration with SSSC or working towards.
- Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours and or difficult situations.
Can you see yourself working in North Ayrshire?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682 or at [email protected]