Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £34196 - £36937
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Senior Social Worker, Childrens Service
£34,196 – £36,937 per annum + £3060 Market Supplement.
As a Senior Social Worker you will be working within a team based in Brighton. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive package £34,196 – £36,937 per annum + £3060 Market Supplement.
About the role:
- To carry complex cases, including care proceedings, and make assessments of need, plan appropriate resources and provide interventions, monitor and review in line with the policy framework and outcomes for children and families.
- Liaison with other agencies in providing effective child protection services to individuals and families and develop effective partnership working.
- To provide support to less experienced social workers in the team and to contribute to training in relation to team policies and procedures and induction arrangements.
- To take a lead with care planning and permanency planning including providing support where necessary to less experienced staff in court hearings, review meetings and other challenging forums.
- The promotion of practice which seeks to empower service users to develop and maintain the capacity to manage without the need for long-term agency involvement whenever possible and to ensure assessments and care plans reflect this.
- The maintenance of accurate records of their work in accordance with Directorate guidelines and policies relating to information exchange.
- To prepare and edit accurate reports for the courts and professional colleagues which are based on good assessments and have clear and realistic plans properly authorised.
- To maintain a personal awareness of legislation, departmental and council wide policies and procedures relating to child care and take a lead in the team with introducing new and effective ways of working which are evidence based.
- The support of Social Workers including contributing to, and at times facilitating group supervision, co-working of cases, and providing advice and support on specific areas of practice.
- To support and carry out the assessment of Social Workers in training during their placements, and undertake skills teaching as required
- Participate in practice development and as a member of working parties across Children’s Services.
- Access, input and retrieve data from systems and databases and ensure inputting is accurate and timely and contributes to analysis and interpretation.
- Implement the Council’s equal opportunities and non-discriminatory policies across the service.
Requirements of a Childrens Senior Social Worker:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip(SW), MSW) and be registered as a social worker with the HCPC.
- In addition, you will need to have experience of working directly with children in need and their families in a multi-disciplinary service and be able to build strong, meaningful relationships with children from diverse backgrounds, their families and key agencies.
What to expect:
- Group supervision as well as 1-2-1 support;
- Reflective Practice Groups;
- A robust programme of learning and development, including an innovative Continuing Learning and Assessment Model;
- Support from Lead Practitioners;
- Opportunities to take part in practice research;
- A relocation scheme of up to £10,000;
- A market supplement of £1,820 for social work posts and £3,060 for senior social worker posts in these teams;
Can you see yourself working in Brighton?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682