Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Bradford.
As a Children’s Social Worker, to provide a social work service to Children, Young People and Families, including assessment, case planning and reviews. You will be responsible for acting as a link worker for and looked after children and their families.
· Undertake preventative work with families, providing them with support material aid and financial assistance to diminish the need for care or accommodation.
· Investigate complaints of neglect and ill-treatment of children.
· Provision of accommodation.
· Receive children committed to the care of the Authority and use Child Assessment and Emergency Protection Orders.
· Accept responsibility for and supervision of children in care and set up reviews of such cases at defined intervals.
· Undertaken investigations into prospective family, friends and foster parents and supervise fostering arrangements in both private and Local Authority approved cases.
· Give evidence in the Courts in care and other proceedings which the Authority may institute, including the presentation of reports.
· To undertake training to ensure career development.
· To act in accordance with the priority and policies of the Children’s Division and Department.
· Liaison with other agencies and organisations in line with the responsibility outlined above, in order to fulfil the provisions of a social work service.
· To provide an access to service for client groups other than Children, Young People and Families
· Will facilitate maximum user consultation and participation in line with policy.
· Provide training for and supervision of social work students and volunteers.
· Participate in the provision of training throughout the Department.
· Qualifications: CQSW, CSS, DIPSW or equivalent.
· Experience : Minimum of 2.5 years post qualification experience as a social worker. Must have experience of Children’s legislation. Direct experience of working with children and/or young people and their families.
· Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
· Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
· Hours: 37 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.