Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £24 - £26
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Newcastle.
- To provide quality social work services to children in need and their families in accordance with legal requirements, departmental policies and procedures.
- To provide support services to children in need of protection and children who are in need of family care.
- To work as a member of an integrated service with families and carers to ensure that children and young people are able to achieve the outcomes in Every Child Matters.
- To carry a caseload of child-care cases
- To participate in duty system and provide specialist duty cover as required
- To take account of the child’s and family’s cultural, racial and linguistic background and religious persuasion in providing services
- To take responsibility for efficient caseload management
- To maintain accurate and up to date records as required by departmental procedure
- To prepare assessments, plan and review child in need, child protection and LAC plans
- To prepare reports for case conferences, meetings, courts or other purposes as required
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with key research and developments in relations to providing family support services
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.