Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £18 - £22
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children accross Northumberland.
As a Social Worker, you will be working with children, families, other agencies and the community to improve the lives of children and families, enabling them to be independent, safe and remain together where possible, receiving the right intervention and support promptly and effectively.
- To undertake and/or facilitate decision-making as to the most appropriate response to a safeguarding concern for a child – i.e. assessment by Children’s Social Care or signposting to another agency.
- To provide an initial multi-agency response to all Domestic Abuse referrals from the police.
- Deal with enquiries, consultations and referrals from professional/other agencies/members of the public, undertaking duty work and participating in the work of the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on a rota basis.
- Working with partner agencies within the MASH to identify risks to vulnerable children, at the earliest possible stage and provide a safe and speedy triage to determine the most effective interventions.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.