Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Jesse Miller
Salary: £25.4 - £25.4
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Communications Manager to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in communications and marketing for a range of high-profile projects under The Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP) on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council.
As a Communications Manager, you will manage communications and marketing for a range of high-profile projects under the Greater Cambridge Partnership, which aim to cut congestion and boost growth in Cambridge and the surrounding area. This includes overseeing consultations, engagement and communication on projects that will have a high political, public and media profile and involves working flexibly and to a high tempo across a wide portfolio.
- Plan and lead engagement on the project with senior representatives of businesses and other key stakeholders, building support for projects and facilitating their involvement in further development.
- Encourage clear and regular communication with local elected members, businesses and other key stakeholders to build understanding of and ensuring appropriate engagement on projects.
- Provide central government, Councillors, businesses, residents and other stakeholders with updates, results and feedback on the outcomes of this projects.
- Ensure a good flow of information amongst officers across the partnership with an interest in the projects. Must also act as communications lead at the Project Board.
- Help local councillors, businesses, residents and commuters understand and engage with GCP projects and build support. Ensure that the purpose and benefits of GCP’s programme are known and understood, including how these complement and fit with the wider policy context of the local plans and of transport strategy.
- Must plan and use a wide variety of communications channels to support projects. Manage and evaluate the communications and stakeholder plans for the project.
- Support the GCP Communications strategy by proactively identifying and developing timely, relevant and compelling news items on the project to demonstrate progress of the GCP’s programme and keep the residents and businesses and other key stakeholders informed via appropriate communications channels.
- To provide proactive leadership and direction to officers for the communication of projects.
- Support and advise the project team, GCP Executive Board, senior staff and project management officers on internal and external communications, including providing strategic communications advice.
- Lead and work in partnership with others in the GCP and in other partner organisations to ensure their work supports the work of the project.
- Work effectively between the GCP partners, ensuring that they are kept informed and up to date on the project, that their interests and impacts on their interests are understood, and that their views inform the development of GCP projects.
- Lead development of the projects marketing and communications strategy.
- Support the GCP Head of Communications in creating a culture of empowerment, openness and transparency.
- Manage training requirements of project staff and monitor development needs. Undertake regular project progress meetings to ensure projects are on schedule and monitor performance, identifying any issues that arise.
- Ensure work is allocated in an equitable fashion and that all staff are working at full capacity in an effective and efficient manner and service requirements are met.
- Qualifications: Educated to degree standard or equivalent or able to demonstrate equivalent substantial experience of delivering strategic communications management for a complex programme or a partnership organisation.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google or call 0333 200 5424.