Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £38858 - £41619
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Consultant Social Worker, Children’s Service, Assessment Team
£38,858 – £41,619 per annum, plus benefits.
We are looking for a committed and innovative Consultant Social Worker, who possesses strong leadership skills, to join the Assessment Team based in Hemel, Hertfordshire.
About the Teams:
- The Assessment Teams undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment.
About the Role:
- This role will include holding a small caseload of complex work while transitioning into a management position.
- Your enthusiasm for continued professional development will be put to the test as you make the transition into your first management role.
- You will be a role model for good social work practice and use your experience to develop less experienced staff.
- This will include conducting supervision meetings and supporting other members of the team and providing management cover in the Team Manager’s absence.
- You will play a leading role in improving practice and quality of assessments and care planning within the Team via mentoring assigned social work staff, leading Team meeting discussions and workshops, taking responsibility for updating Team on practice developments and research findings, induction of new staff.
- You will be the lead responsibility for liaison with key agency e.g. CMHT, Health Visitors, Schools, TYS, Police, Probation as directed by the Team Manager.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You will have passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
- You should already have sufficient experience of staff supervision and management and be at the height of your social work career.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary plus Welcome Bonus.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]