Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £34106 - £46025
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and adaptable individual who is passionate about providing excellent social support and the delivery of clean safe care.
£34,106 – £46,025 (depending on experience) per annum, plus benefits
We are looking for a committed and innovative Senior Practitioner or Consultant Social Worker within Children’s Services to join our Family Safeguarding.
About the Role:
- As a Senior Practitioner, you will already have highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice.
- Your advanced expertise and knowledge will help you to take the lead on the most complex cases within the department.
- You will have shared responsibility for leading and managing less experienced staff.
- You will have a key role in researching and sharing up to date social work practice alongside creating a clear vision for the future and ensuring the best outcomes for children and their families are realised.
- You will have strong written and verbal communication skills as you will need to prepare and deliver care proceedings to conferences and court hearings.
- In return for the way you will contribute to this team, the council offer excellent learning and development opportunities, regular supervision meetings and an approachable and supportive management team.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You will have significant senior level frontline experience in a safeguarding team.
- You will be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
- You will have recent experience of case work in Assessments, Child Protection, Children Looked After and Care Proceedings.
- You will have extensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families, and in-depth knowledge of relevant childcare legislation.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
What to Expect:
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Michaela Frost; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]
- £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.