Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Romi Gooden
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Deputy Manager of a Family Support Service to work in the Islington area in London.
As a Deputy Manager of a Family Support Service you will be overlooking and supporting the Family Support Workers and ensuring that the service runs smoothly. You will need to be able to review and evaluate work efficiently. This position is a temporary position that is an initial contract of 3-6 months.
- To assess the needs of families and provide short term interventions. To allocate longer term cases and provide effective case-management, and review and evaluate the work. To hold longer term cases if required e.g. to provide cover for Family Support Workers on leave or because higher level skills are needed.
- To support, supervise and appraise Family Support Workers.
- To manage risk and safeguarding effectively; closely monitoring all higher risk cases and routinely updating the Team Manager and other staff and other agencies as needed.
- To keep accurate detailed records, write case reports and attend related meetings.
- Through effective supervision, team meetings, performance management and coaching – to develop the team’s performance to provide high quality support to families, and to achieve agreed performance indicators and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To ensure that that the family support work provided is sensitive to the needs and wishes of both adult and child family members, and that the needs of the children and young people remain paramount.
- To develop and deliver parenting programmes, group work and activities to meet the needs of vulnerable families.
- To develop and maintain effective joint work with other relevant agencies, in order to complement and extend the support available to families.
- To actively participate in service reviews and evaluations, complete monitoring and evaluation material and report to managers and funders as required.
- To develop and support effective user participation in the service.
- Experience: At least 2 years’ experience of managing a family support service is essential.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours per week on a 3-6 month contract.
- Pay: To be confirmed.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Deputy Manager who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.