Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Social Worker to work within the Duty and Assessment Service for Worcestershire County Council.
They currently have 4 positions available. The maximum pay rate for this job is £29.93 per hour LTD.
To work in partnership with children and families to address their social, emotional and environmental needs. The wishes of children and their families are of vital importance in formulating any plans in conjunction with multi-agency networks. Overall the role is to safeguard and promote the welfare of the most vulnerable children and young people in Worcestershire through the delivery of high quality services.
· As an experienced social worker, it is a requirement to be working towards a level of operating self-sufficiently in the application of relevant legislation, policy, procedures and social work theory (within normal arrangements for management accountability).
· The Social Worker must ensure the well-being and safety of the child/young person is paramount. This is through gathering and analysing all necessary information to complete a range of assessments that comply with statutory requirements and may require the Social Worker to consider alternative placements for the child or young person.
· To carry out tasks that fulfils the statutory requirements of children and young people receiving services.
· The Social Worker may be expected, on occasions, to represent the Authority in court and also may be required to attend as a witness or give evidence.
· To attend a range of meetings to update and exchange information, make decisions and review progress.
· To create, develop and review multi-agency outcome focussed plans for children and young people.
· The Social Worker will undertake day duty tasks as required. Duty tasks will require telephone calls, visits or attending meetings.
· The Social Worker will be required to collect and maintain accurate records and update appropriate systems which are both confidential and in-keeping with relevant legislation, e.g. data protection.
· To participate in the supervision process.
· The Social Worker will be required to attend relevant training courses and staff development programmes as part of their continued professional development.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.