Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sophia Bliss
Salary: £39359 - £48211
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Educational Psychologist to fill an exclusive opportunity in Hertfordshire.
As an Educational Psychologist, you will support children and young people from birth to 25 years old through the application of psychological theory and research in order to promote their emotional and social wellbeing.You’ll work with children and young people who are experiencing problems that hinder their successful learning and participation in school and other activities. These problems can include a range of emotional and social issues or learning difficulties.
- To work within an integrated practice framework and as part of Integrated Services for Learning.
- The post holder will demonstrate due regard to professional practice standards and codes of conduct.
- To provide robust, reflective, informed and high quality educational psychology support. This includes ensuring knowledge and skills continue to develop and the post holder can formulate hypotheses based on presenting evidence.
- The post holder will use psychological consultation skills effectively and will use feedback on impact/outcomes to extend their robust professional approach.
- To develop and extend psychological competence at an organisational and group level to support local areas in developing their analysis and response to local needs. The post holder will provide psychological expertise in extending local planning to build inclusivity and educational success for students (0-25 years).
- Qualifications: Evidence of professional qualifications including a first degree, a professional doctorate or Master’s Degree in Educational Psychology (recognised by the British Psychological Society).
- Experience: Valid experience as an Educational Psychologist and past experience of supervising less experienced members of staff.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt how you work with young people in response to issues that may impact a child’s development and the environments in which you are in contact with them.
- Experience leading on and sharing information with partner agencies in aid of a child protection investigation.
- Compliance: HCPC Registration.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license but not essential.
- Hours: 36 hours per week.
- Up to 44 days annual leave (including bank holidays).
- £3,000 market forces payment on top of salary every year.
- Relocation packages available.
- Flexible working.
- Fantastic CPD opportunitiesFull Time/Part Time/Variable Hours.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know an Educational Psychologist who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Psychologist jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google.