Vale of Glamorgan
£13.47 – £16.78 per hour
Vale Communities for Work (CfW) is an ’employability-support’ programme funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and the Welsh Government and managed by the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
The provide employment support to people in the Vale of Glamorgan seeking work (and full-time work if they work part-time).
I am currently seeking up to 5 Mentors on a temporary basis until at least 31/3/21 to help manage the large increase in our workload due to the impact of the Covid crisis on the local employment market and the resultant substantial increase in the number of people looking for work in the Vale of Glamorgan area.
The CfW Mentors support participants on the programme to look for work by;
– Providing 1:1 bespoke support, initially via phone, with face-to-face support again now available in a safe, local setting.
– Creating or improving their CV.
– Providing support with completing Job Applications (especially online). – Improving ‘job-search’ techniques and information e.g. by identifying the best websites.
– Improving our participants’ interview technique and confidence.
– Assisting participants decide on the best training course options.
– Providing expertise about career options.
– Passing on general and specific employment-sector knowledge, particularly in respect of the local labour market. We receive over 70% of our referrals from Barry Jobcentre Plus and have excellent working relationships with the staff. We also have good working relationships with a number of partner Agencies, for example;
– Colleagues from other Depts within the Vale of Glamorgan Council
– DWP staff
– Careers Wales/Working Wales
– other employability-support staff/Agencies who work locally in the Vale – local Housing Associations
– CfW teams in other Local Authority areas
– Welsh Government colleagues.
For this position, we are seeking candidates who;
– Have experience of supporting people to find work or improve their career
– Are experienced at Mentoring individuals to reach their potential
– Have experience of working in a community development setting
After recently winning multiple recruitment awards, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a someone who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Medical. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.