Seven Social Care is looking for Equality and Diversity Officer for an exclusive opportunity at Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.
To work with the Head of Equality and Diversity and relevant Director(s) in the effective delivery of embedding equality, diversity and inclusion across the Council and within directorates. This will include work on building stronger and cohesive communities, partnership working, consultation and engagement with the community or groups representing the borough.
To work proactively with leaders and staff at a Directorate level to drive equality, diversity and inclusion improvements and change across the Directorate to respond positively and promptly to the diverse needs of staff, the services they deliver and the communities they serve.
To provide high quality advice and assistance in the development, management and delivery of directorates E&D action plans, targets and initiatives.
· Support services across the Council to meet the Council’s duties and responsibilities relating to the PSED and embedding these into day to day practices.
· Assist in all aspects of embedding Equality and Diversity into directorates that will include providing direct support to Directors, the Head of HR, nominated Directorate Equality and Diversity Leads and Equality Champions. This will include the delivery of specific workshops to educate and raise awareness on equality issues.
· Lead meetings, design and deliver presentations, and produce concise briefings and regular reports on E&D Issues as required at a corporate and/or directorate level.
· Assist in the effective delivery of performance management of equality and diversity at a Directorate Level that includes attending DLTs, and writing reports as required.
· Develop and provide an input into relevant E&D training, learning and development opportunities, facilitation of workshops for managers, staff, elected members, and internal and external partners. This can include the design and delivery of training, information and equality forums or the development of e learning modules or other methods and materials for learning and development.
Provide support and advice regarding the completion of the Council’s equality impact assessments (referred to internally as Fair Treatment Assessments) including undertaking a quality assurance role.
Undertake and contribute to the development of research and intelligence on the diverse community profile and needs at a corporate and directorate level.
Conduct research and liaise with relevant teams, partners and organisations on demographic trends, best practices and benchmarking on equality and diversity. This can include managing the collection of a range of information and processing, analysing, interpreting and summarising data for use by others
Respond or assist with responses on council enquiries, complaints and compliments from a wide range of people at all levels that will include the general public, elected members, or MP’s
Provide initial advice and signpost staff to the Council’s relevant policies, practices and support information on complaints of discrimination or disadvantage
Develop or assist in sourcing, procuring and commissioning external providers responsible for developing or providing a range of appropriate services and resources to respond to the needs of the diverse population in Solihull. ?For example, the interpretation and translation service.
Undertake the management of contracts relevant to the corporate equality and diversity work.
Assist in identifying opportunities for funding to build the capacity of new or existing voluntary or community groups in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Work with collaboratively with Human Resources to develop and support appropriate systems for collecting and analysing equalities monitoring data.
To develop and manage content for a high quality, regularly updated, corporate equality web page and internal website.
The post holder will also be required to undertake additional duties as determined by the Head of Equality and Diversity.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.