Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £16800 - £16800
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
European Support Worker
London / Surrey
We are looking for individuals to come over from Europe to provide quality support and care to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder, complex need and challenging behaviour. You’ll empower them by assisting them to live as independently as possible through a Person Centred approach, by constantly promoting: respect and dignity, choice in all aspects of life, community presence and participation, the right to social relationships and building competencies. There are different services available across a variety of branches all over London, they include Residential, Respite and Day Service, and a supported living service.
About the role:
- Support service users in maintaining their physical, social and emotional well-being.
- Provide service users with the highest standards of personal care whilst maintaining their dignity at all times.
- Maintain and develop service user’s skills and enhancing their self-esteem.
- Involve service users in all aspects in their own home, ensuring they are in control by enhancing communication through various strategies and ensuring choice.
- Continually strive to identify and satisfy individual needs and preferences.
- Support individuals to maintain their home environment to the highest standards, including supporting them to complete all household requirements as much as they are able and enabling them to develop their skills further in each area.
Requirements of a Support Worker:
- Strong reading and numeracy skills
- Minimum 6 months experience of supporting individuals with Autism OR Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the basic challenges for individuals with Autism and willingness to learn further
- Knowledge of how to support individuals displaying challenging behaviour
- Car Drivers are desirable but not essential
- Proficient in the English language, so reading, writing and speaking.
What to expect:
- 28 days Annual Leave
- Accommodation provided for candidates coming from outside of the UK
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Excellent company pension scheme
- Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme.
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]