Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £30000 - £35000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Family Support Manager
£30,000 – £35,000
We are currently recruiting for a nationally renowned Charity who specialises in offering assistance to people who run away and/or go missing and their families. They currently have an exciting permanent vacancy for someone to lead their Family Support team, the Counselling Service and the organisation’s plan to better meet the needs of families. This position is permanent and is for 35 hours a week, you will be reporting to the Director of Services and will manage a variety of staff.
About the role:
- You will have extensive experience of managing services providing emotional support to individuals experiencing a wide range of complex issues, including trauma and loss.
- You’ll be able to innovate and develop new ways of supporting and engaging families both in person and digitally.
- You will oversee the family support services and events, and be part of the Services Management Team responsible for the 24/7 helpline services.
- You will line manage members of the Services team, provide family support training across the organisation, and ensure that support and supervision is in place for Family Support Workers and Counsellors.
- Significant experience of managing services providing emotional support to individuals experiencing a wide range of complex issues, including trauma and loss;
- Experience of managing helpline work, and/or working in advice work, voluntary sector and social care field;
- Experience of managing staff and volunteers;
- Excellent knowledge of and proven experience of dealing with safeguarding, confidentiality and data protection;
- Understanding of the therapeutic benefits of counselling, talking therapies and listening support;
- Project management experience;
- Experience of working with different members of the same family (desirable);
- Experience of managing a telephone counselling service (desirable);
- Able to deal with crisis intervention and ability to provide timely, informed and appropriate safeguarding advice on out of hours On Call service;
- Excellent time management and organisational skills including the keeping of accurate and comprehensive records;
- Proven ability to design and implement training sessions;
What to expect:
- 25 days annual leave per annum/pro rata plus statutory holidays
- Additional annual leave days awarded on length of service*
- Company pension contribution
- Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Additional maternity pay and leave
- Additional paternity pay
- Additional sick pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 for more information on this role.