Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Jesse Miller
Salary: £500 - £500
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Head of Service – Child Protection/Safeguarding to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Cambridgeshire.
As a Head of Service, you will be responsible for establishing and leading the delivery of services to Children and Families across Cambridgeshire.
This will be achieved by adopting a highly collaborative approach that ensures internal and external resources work together to identify and deliver a range of services to appropriately meet the needs of the community.
To provide expertise to ensure good practice is identified and shared and that there is county wide consistency where appropriate. To provide specialist advice internally and externally and provide authoritative advice and guidance about the area.
This role is also responsible for the management and oversight of high-quality interventions, ensuring that children and families are at the centre of everything we do whilst also supporting the development of integrated services for young people.
Manage and ensure that all services are planned and delivered in a cost-effective, integrated way that meets policy and quality requirements.
- Lead the service in managing the risk in the context of child protection and safeguarding on behalf of the County Council.
- They will also manage the threshold for care, and therefore have the ultimate responsibility for agreeing to children being removed from their homes and family (this responsibility will extend to 24/7) shared with other HOS safeguarding
- The role will also be the strategic lead for maintaining relationships with judiciary-members of the Justice Board and with CAFCASS-lead liaison with legal team.
- They will also be the Fostering Agency Decision Maker and chair of the threshold decision meetings.
- To improve safeguarding across services by leading partnership developments (e.g. MASH) and supporting the LSCB and Serious Case Review process.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 5+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.