Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Anton Simmonds
Salary: £11 - £12.5
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Devon are currently looking Housing Officers to join their supportive and flexible service
What they need
You must be able to work well with others, champion new ways of working and manage your own workload. The successful candidate will need to be able to use a variety of different IT systems, have excellent organisational, communication, financial and numeracy skills and be able to drive for visiting key locations around Devon.
- To participate in providing a comprehensive and innovative housing options and advice service split over two locations, with an emphasis on early intervention and the prevention and homelessness, promoting and pursuing a range of housing options to meet the needs of our customers.
- To participate in the housing options duty service cover from 8:30 – 5pm, giving initial advice face to face or over the telephone to customers. Dealing with incoming telephone calls, e-mails and letters.
- To carry out housing needs assessments for applicants whom we are satisfied are homeless or threatened with homelessness, in accordance with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- To effectively negotiate and mediate with landlords and any other relevant parties with a view to preventing homelessness by keeping customers in their properties, wherever possible, or alternatively by helping applicants to secure suitable alternative accommodation.
- Investigate applications in line with the Housing Act 1996 Part 7 and relevant case law.
- To support and empower applicants to resolve their housing need
- Maintain accurate comprehensive records of approaches and keep case files up to date with detailed notes and enquiries in case of review.
What they offer
- Face to Face or Convenient telephone interviews
- Supportive team
- A dedicated Team Manager and first line manager and supervisor
- Long term contract
- Experienced team
- Great working atmosphere.
- 37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5:00pm
If you’re a positive person who is looking to make a difference this role could be for you.