Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Jesse Miller
Salary: £38 - £38
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of children across Cambridgeshire.
As a Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) you will offer a critical and constructive view regarding the plans for the child, and escalate concerns where necessary
This is an opportunity to work within the Partnerships and Quality Assurance (PQA) service in Cambridgeshire, which is responsible for ensuring high standards are maintained for children and families across the local authority.
The role of Independent Reviewing Officer is unique in its position working alongside children, families, social workers and other partners to achieve the best outcomes for looked after children, while being personally accountable for monitoring effective care planning and challenging the local authority where necessary.
The role is flexible in terms of where it is based, and it involves travel both within and outside of Cambridgeshire.
- Be a highly skilled and HCPC registered social worker with some experience of management.
- Be able to work autonomously as well as within a multi-agency team.
- Understand how to, and be able to, positively engage young people and their families in the long-term planning for the young person.
- Be able to work collaboratively with multi-agency partners.
- Be able to chair complex meetings.
- Be able to write comprehensive yet succinct records.
- Be able to effectively manage a busy diary which includes deadlines.
- Have a progressive and flexible attitude and be adaptable to change.
- Have the confidence and ability to sensitively challenge others, including senior managers, where there are issues impacting on the wellbeing of the child or the progress of the care plan.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with children as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37 hours per week.
- Expenses: 23p per mile.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.