Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £38000 - £41000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Independent Reviewing Officer
£38,000 – £41,000
North Yorkshire County Council are currently on the lookout for 2 IRO’s to join their workforce and are seeking committed individuals who have a desire to make a positive impact on young people and their families. The post holder will operate in an environment of transformational change and innovation, be able to manage change in a time of financial constraints and have the confidence to promote the voice of children and young people in both the delivery and development of services. This role has brilliant flexible working options offering home working where suitable and comes with a variety of financial incentives.
About the role:
· To chair Child Protection Conferences, Looked After Reviews and Foster Carer Reviews
· To ensure that the views of children are taken into account within reviews for Looked After Children, Child Protection Conferences and Foster Carer reviews, including the views of the carers own children)
· To ensure that all meetings are conducted in accordance with statutory guidance and procedure as well as in accordance with NYCC policy on equal opportunities. The post holder will challenge discriminatory language or practice
· Ensure delivery of the IRO role in accordance with legislative requirements, national guidance and all relevant policies and procedures
· To raise any concerns that arise in respect of specific children in placement with the IRO Manager and operational/agency manager on a 1:1 and via the Quality Issue alert/multi-agency Quality Feedback processes
· To contribute to workforce development for foster carers and operational staff to support compliance with regulations, National Minimum Standards and best practice.
· To contribute to quality assurance and quality control of services provided by the Local Authority and partner agencies to children and young people by providing quality feedback to the Local Authority and partner agencies.
· Use reporting mechanisms for monitoring the role of the Local Authority as a corporate parent, the quality of the service children and young people receive and their collective experience.
· Provide advice and support to colleagues in relation to complex cases.
· Ensure professional decisions are made according to the highest standards, using an evidence base.
Requirements of an IRO:
· Significant post qualifying experience in children and families work
· Extensive case management experience of cases with complex, professional and ethical issues including child protection, court proceedings, case conferences and other formal processes.
· Extensive experience of chairing professional, multi-agency meetings.
· Ability to effectively challenge, across all levels within an organisation in order to ensure robust practice and delivery of positive outcomes for children, young people and families
· Ability to monitor services and practices to ensure agreed standards are maintained and intervene constructively where necessary
What to expect:
· Up to 33 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
· Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
· A wide variety of training and development opportunities
· Flexible working options
· Commitment to Career Progression
· Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
· Many more benefits under an internal rewards scheme.
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]