Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Mathew Gaukrodger
Salary: £18 - £19
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Local Authority Designated Officer for Childrens services in Durham.
As Social Worker, The postholder will need to have experience of fulfilling the Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) role. They will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks. Duties to include:
- To be involved in the management and oversight of individual cases from all partner agencies of the SCP which fall within this procedure
- To provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations
- To provide advice and guidance to Senior Nominated Officers about the operation of this procedure
- To liaise with the Police and other agencies
- To monitor the progress of cases – to ensure that they are dealt with as quickly as possible within set timescales and consistent with a thorough and fair process; To keep records of all advice given, actions taken and decisions made
- To maintain information databases in relation of all allegations and produce qualitative and quantitative reports for the SCP and Department for Education
- Chairing Allegation Management Meetings and liaising with chairs of Strategy Meetings
- To contribute to SCP inter-agency training programmes and awareness-raising across all agencies
- To provide assistance to agencies in the discussion regarding suspension (the power to suspend is vested in the employer alone)
- To liaise with the Police and the Crown Prosecution Service
- To discuss with the Senior Nominated Officer the possibility of referral to the Disclosure and Barring Service, or to the appropriate Regulatory Authority
- Qualifications:Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience:Minimum of 12 months recent Local Authority Designated Officer experience in a Children Services role, and ideally within a local authority organisation.
- Compliance:Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel:Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours:37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.