Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Alex Foden
Salary: £30000 - £40000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Mental Health Social Worker
£32,839 per annum.
As a Mental Health Social Worker you will be working within a team based in Surrey. As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary, up to £32,839 per annum.
About the role:
- As a qualified Social Worker, (HCPC Registered) with post qualifying experience in the mental health service and good assessment and risk management skills, you will be expected to assess the social care needs of service users and provide direct social work intervention to some of the most challenging and complex service users and their carers.
- You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of doctors, nurses, approved social workers, occupational therapists and support workers. You will be required to work under the framework of the Care Programme Approach and personalisation and ensure the implementation of agreed care and risk management plans. This will involve the close monitoring of their effectiveness to ensure the wellbeing of service users, carers and the public.
- You will be promoting the personalisation agenda and self directed support for service users and carers who are eligible for services.
Requirements of a Mental Health Social Worker:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
- You will need to be flexible and adaptable to work in a challenging and demanding environment. The team are friendly and cohesive and are proud of their record in providing an effective service in the community.
- A valid driver’s licence and the availability of an insured vehicle for the performance of work related duties is an essential requirement of the role. Applications from those who do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
- You will be provided with good support from managers and colleagues, to help you meet the challenges of the post. New staff are given mentoring and support from an experienced colleague and will also participate in an extensive induction programme.
Can you see yourself working in Surrey?
This job is advertised by Alex Foden; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Alex on 07983 547 682