Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £28 - £34
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Occupational Therapist who would be happy to work with West Berkshire Council’s Adult Social Care Team. This role is immediately available and will run until the end of March 2020 initially. The hourly rate will be anything from £28 – £34 per hour depending on experience.
This role will involve working within an adult social care team. Part of your role will be to undertake suitable work as required in relation to safeguarding, mental capactity, deprivation of liberty and assessment and management of risk.
- To receive and respond to contacts from people who need support and their carers.
- To use professional expertise and knowledge to identify suitable ways for people to manage those needs, e.g. through use of reablement services, equipment, adaptations, packages of care, etc.
- To maximise the opportunities for vulnerable people to be in control of their lives and to live as independently as possible.
- To undertake suitable work as required in relation to Safeguarding, Mental Capacity, Deprivation of Liberty and Assessment and management of risk.
- To develop relevant expertise and knowledge appropriate to their role.
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working as an OT in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.