Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £15 - £16
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Outreach Support Worker to work with Windsor and Maidenhead Council. This role is initially for a period of 4 months and is paying £15.00 – £16.00 per hour via an umbrella company.
Identify and investigate instances of individuals sleeping rough in the borough and liaise with the Rough Sleeper Co-Ordinator, Housing Needs Department and partner agencies to deliver multi-agency interventions.
To engage with and assess the needs of individuals rough sleeping in the borough and provide information and advice on support services available whilst delivering bespoke case management to support individuals to move away from the streets for good.
- Identify rough sleepers via assertive outreach, build a rapport and promote the well-being of clients
- Carrying out thorough assessments, identifying priorities and ongoing needs, including establishing local connections and reconnection needs
- Providing crisis intervention support including responding to risk such as anti-social behaviour, mental health concerns etc
- Provide robust signposting service with referrals to relevant agencies
- Establishing strong working relationships with services users, building trust and providing active case management for all rough sleepers
- Supporting and encouraging service users in building links with support organisations such as accommodation providers, social services, drug and alcohol teams
- Qualifications: NVQ in Health and Social Care.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS check.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.