Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Anton Simmonds
Salary: £9.5 - £11
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
I’m currently working with Devon County Council who are currently looking for experienced Payroll Officers.
You’d be working in a busy but fantastic working environment and you’ll be part of a friendly and supportive team who are responsible for delivering one the largest payrolls in Devon.
Working for such a large local authority like Devon will automatically enhance your CV going forward.
The role is for 6 months initially and there is also the opportunity of a fixed term contract for the right person.
37 Hrs a week
Dependant on the level of experience no interview is necessary.
Location – Exeter, Devon
Duties of the role include:
- Preparation of salaries
- Responding to pay enquiries and correspondence;
- Providing an effective, courteous and efficient service to clients, customers and other sections of the County Council and external Agencies.
- Liaising closely with the HR department
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Proven payroll working knowledge and have previously worked in a similar environment
- A commitment to team working and the ability to adapt to change
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Previous knowledge of Month end processes and Payroll systems would be an advantage.
Must be available to start within the next 2 to 3 weeks.