Sector: Social Care
Consultant: James Wright
Salary: £15.86 - £15.86
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are seeking to secure the services of a procurement officer to provide strategic procurement advice and support on all large programmes and projects over £100k and up to £50m in value. As the procurement officer you will ensure that all procurement activity is compliant with UK/EU legislation and case law.
Initially this contract will be offered for a 3 month period. Hourly rate for this position will be £15.36ph
Roles & Responsibilities
- Accountable for a portfolio of procurement projects from OJEU up to £50 million
- Lead on and be accountable for advise on all aspects of procurement strategy reflecting the policies of the council
- To establish and maintain relationships with all officers engaged in procurement within the service areas, using their influence to embed best practise and ensure delivery within desired timescales.
Qualifications & Experience
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (MCIPS) Qualified or Equivalent Level 5 qualification
- Post Qualifying experience in project and change management, in a procurement and commissioning field
- Knowledge of public service/local government and partnership working
- Strong Organisation and Management skills
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.