Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £28 - £28
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
QSW – 0-19 Childrens Team | £28 P/H | Suffolk
Social Worker required for CYP 0 – 19 Coastal North Social Care Team based at County Buildings Saxmundham. Team covers the locality of Woodbridge, Framlingham, Leiston, Saxmundham and surrounding areas.
Position involves –
Providing statutory Social Care services to “Children in Need”, children subject to Child Protection Plans, Children “Looked After” and liaison with Early Help services to ensure the safety, well-being and learning of children and young people.
To undertake qualitative Assessments to identify need and risk and develop SMART plans within required timescales. To progress court applications as required.
– Ability to effectively apply solution focused approaches to deliver successful outcomes.
– Ability to clarify risks and concerns and focus on solutions to create a climate in which change can happen.
– Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance as appropriate to role
– Ability to recognise and act on Child Protection and risk issues and escalate as appropriate..
– Ability to use a range of assessment frameworks
– In depth knowledge of the social and emotional factors that affect a child’s capacity to learn and develop.
– Understanding the diverse range of needs of clients and backgrounds.
Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills in order to:
– Engage effectively with a range of audiences including professional stakeholders.
– Negotiate, influence and mediate to achieve positive outcomes and support and motivate children, young people and families.
– Effectively manage challenging or sensitive situations and provide appropriate advice and facilitation to de-escalate.
– Proven ability to make constructive contribution to meetings and negotiate with a range of stakeholders, settings and contexts.
– Sensitivity to disability, sexuality, gender and ethnicity issues.
– Ability to keep accurate and timely records and compile reports in a variety of formats, using appropriate IT.
– Relevant experience of working directly with children, young people and their families, as relevant to the specific client groups to include Child in Need and Child Protection.
– Experience of collaborative work with families.
– Experience of working with children and families where there have been safeguarding concerns
– Experience of producing qualitative assessments
– Proven commitment to finding solutions, planning and developing interventions with families, using an evidence-based approach.
You will be working alongside the fastest growing recruitment company in the UK, who provide an unrivalled service to all of their clients and candidates across the United Kingdom. Seven currently offer the best pay rates in the UK for social care employees, making us the best option for maximising your earning potential and career fulfilment. Seven consultants are passionate about placing you in the best possible role, for the best possible rate, so why not get in contact with us now.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
What else can you expect from Seven?
– Free DBS Update
– Specialist Consultant allocated to you with all the expertise you require.
– Excellent Payroll and Compliance System, ensuring that you are paid on time, every time.
– Online Timesheets, allowing you to submit your hours in an effortless, safe and secure process.
– Access to Exclusive Rates, allowing you to gain earnings that no other agency can offer you.
– £250 Referral Bonus for every person you successfully refer to Seven.
We are now available to speak to you 24/7 on 0333 200 5424. Please ask for the Social Care Department.