Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £30.36 - £30.36
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are currently looking for a temporary QSW to work with the Adult Safeguarding Team in Herefordshire. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and will be paying £30.36 per hour via an umbrella company.
The Social Worker is part of a team which provides front line advice and support relating to the screening and assessment of Adults who may be at risk of abuse through deliberate acts or omission. The service covers all adults who for reason of ill health, physical/mental impairment may not be able to protect themselves from harm. The Social Worker will undertake initial Section 42 enquiries in addition to completing assessments as required in line with the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act 2007 (DoLs).
- To work within legislation, statutory guidance, local policy and procedures to ensure that Adult Safeguarding processes are followed.
- To work within a team which includes Team lead; Senior Practitioner, Social Workers; Assessment and Enablement Officers; Customer Service Officers, to provide a first point of contact regarding Safeguarding enquiries and referrals.
- To provide professional assessment and intervention as required for service users with complex needs: this will include consideration of Mental Capacity.
- To work in line with, and promote the principals of Making Safeguarding Personal.
- To work with Statutory, Voluntary and Independent Sector Agencies to ensure partnership approaches are undertaken
- To carry out initial enquiries relating to Adult Safeguarding Concerns
- Qualifications: Degree approved by Social Work England.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their next role by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.