Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Sam Boggis
Salary: £23 - £25
Job Status: Temporary / Full Time
Seven Social Care are looking for a temporary Qualified Social Worker to work with the Hospital Team in Truro, Cornwall. This position is initially for a period of 3 months and will be paying £25.00 per hour via an umbrella company.
Under the leadership and management of the Team Manager/Principal Social Worker to provide a statutory social work service to adults with health and social care needs achieving high quality, timely and person-centred needs assessments that will reflect the needs and risks to the individual, analysis, care planning, intervention and review appropriate to the work of the team or service unit.
Social workers are required to work collaboratively with colleagues from different teams, disciplines and partner organisations in order to provide a seamless service to individuals/families/carers. They will work in partnership to work with individuals facing complex social and family crisis across a range of settings, promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex needs and are more vulnerable to exclusion; and work with communities, individuals and families to promote their personal strengths.
- The Social Worker will be required to maintain their knowledge regarding social policy and social work practice and work within the appropriate legislative context; to be responsible for undertaking all social work tasks within Government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, ensuring the welfare of the adult is paramount at all times.
- To actively promote self-learning to ensure professional development and provide high quality practice in line with Professional Capability Framework (PCF); actively contribute to appropriate supervision, appraisal and development opportunities, observing the requirements of the HCPC
- To work with other team members and multi-disciplinary team members from other agencies to meet the needs of vulnerable adults, operating as an effective member of the operational team
- To ensure the views and wishes of individuals and carers are given appropriate consideration and are central to all decision making
- Qualifications: Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 2+ years working with adults as a qualified Social Worker in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date SWE registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After winning multiple awards in 2019, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their next role by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.