Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Linh Pook
Salary: £157.41 - £157.41
Job Status: Contract / Full Time
Seven Social Care are working with Northumberland County Council looking for Qualified Children’s Social Worker to be part of a team providing a Statutory Social Work Service within Northumberland. To promote and support (children and/or their families) when in crisis, or breakdown to remain with their families or with their identified carers. To provide direct social work intervention to (children, young people and their families) in the community on a 3-6 month contract.
1. To carry a complex mixed caseload of children in a variety of circumstances. (CIN/CP/LAC)
2. To aim to achieve good outcomes for children and their families
3. To assess children and their families; to devise plans which address identified needs.
4. Assess and manage risk utilising an evidence based approach
5. To monitor, review and update plans effectively.
6. To use social work tools, practice and research to underpin interventions
7. To promote children and young people remaining with their birth families or identified carers, by preventing family breakdown or reuniting child/ren or young people separated from their family due to temporary crisis.
8. To work directly with children, young people and their families at the point of crisis, ensuring the welfare of the child is prioritised at all times.
9. To establish and maintain effective working relationships with individual service users, groups, families and multi-agency partners.
10. To understand and apply the locally agreed thresholds for intervention, stepping cases ‘up’ and ‘down’ as appropriate
11. To case manage and record in accordance with statutory agency requirements.
12. To use ICT systems competently and effectively.
13. To offer coaching and mentoring to less experienced colleagues as required.
14. To model and share good practice within the team
15. To participate in identified projects/initiatives/training in line with practice improvement agenda.
16. To be proactive, taking responsibility for individual CPD.
17.To follow the standards as recommended by the social work regulator in relation to standards, performance and ethics.
18. To participate in the office duty system as required 19. Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current HCPC Registration.
Experience: 2+ years’ experience as a Social Worker.
Compliance: The successful applicants for these posts will be required to hold/apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure and be eligibility to work in the UK.
Hours: 8:30 – 5:00 office hours although flexible working would be expected according to the needs of the service
Pay: £157.41 day rate.
You will hold a full driving license and have use of a car with business insurance.
Working with Seven Social Care:
Established in 2011, Seven Social Care is a leading provider of social care professionals to county councils, charities, hospitals, care homes and private organisations across the UK.
Seven is the recruitment service that guarantees experienced, qualified and available staff exactly when you need them. Our expert talent acquisition team seamlessly connect professionals to all areas of social care; including Children and Adults, Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Community, Support Work and everything in between.
After being shortlisted for multiple awards in 2018, we are proud of our nationwide reputation for providing a world-class recruitment service that is underpinned by honesty, integrity and attention to detail.
Refer a friend, family member or colleague for £250
If you’re not the perfect match for this role, but you know a Social Worker who is, help them find their dream job by referring them to Seven Social Care. As a little ‘thank you’ from us, you will receive £250 for every referral that is successfully placed into a new role.
For more exclusive Social Worker jobs, please visit our website by searching ‘Seven Social Care’ on Google, or call 0333 200 5424.