Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £28394 - £33164
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Qualified Social Worker, Children Looked After
£28,394 – £32,164 per annum, plus benefits.
We are looking for a professional, and dedicated Qualified Social Workers, who want to take the next steps in their professional career within a well established and innovative local authority.
About the Team:
- The Children Looked After Teams are responsible for providing high quality support and planning for children and young people who are in long term foster care, residential care and semi-independent care up until the age of 18. You will be supported by a dedicated Health team and Virtual School as well as a Brokerage Team that will find the most suitable placement.
- The service is supported by two Adolescent Resource Centres with emergency assessment beds and a treatment fostering support team.
About the Role:
- As a Qualified Social Worker, you will have significant frontline experience in a safeguarding team. You will be focussed on helping children and families to change their lives for the better.
- We require candidates who have recent experience of Children Looked After and Care Proceedings.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You need at least 2 years’ frontline experience as well as completion of your ASYE.
- You will have passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary plus Welcome Bonus.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]