Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £28394 - £33128
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Qualified Social Worker, Children’s Service, Assessment Team
£28,394 – £32,164 per annum, plus benefits.
We are looking for a committed and innovative Qualified Social Worker, who possesses strong leadership skills, to join the Assessment Team based in Hemel, Hertfordshire.
About the Teams:
- The Assessment Teams undertake single child and family assessments for those circumstances where the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub has identified the need for a social work assessment.
About the Role:
- You will need to carry out assessments and reviews using leading edge practices to create effective but disciplined solutions for the children and families you’ll be working with.
- You will have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver welfare reports to conferences and court hearings.
- You will manage a complex and diverse caseload.
- In return you will be offered regular supervision meetings and training opportunities to help you to reach your full potential – personal and professional – with the assistance and guidance of our specialist L&D teams.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You need at least 2 years’ frontline experience as well as completion of your ASYE.
- You will have passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary plus Welcome Bonus.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]