Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Lauren Bishop
Salary: £28394 - £32164
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Qualified Social Worker, Family Safeguarding
£28,394 – £32,164 per annum, plus benefits.
We are looking for a professional, and dedicated Qualified Social Workers, who want to take the next steps in their professional career within a well established and innovative local authority.
About the Teams:
- Family Safeguarding Teams are multi-agency teams that work with Child Protection and Child in Need cases and conduct the majority of the Council’s care proceedings.
- These are multi-disciplinary teams consisting of professionals in Children’s and Adult social work, domestic abuse, substance misuse and mental health will work together to tackle the root causes of risk in families.
- These teams have the benefit of police support two days per week to assist with aggressive or evasive families and police colleagues will do out of hours visits during evenings and weekends to families on this programme to check on their welfare. The clinical psychology service will support PLO and proceedings work with specialist assessments.
About the Role:
- You will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families.
- You will manage a complex and diverse caseload.
- You will need to carry out assessments and reviews using leading edge practices to create effective but disciplined solutions for the children and families.
Requirements for the Role:
- You must hold a Professional Social Work Qualification (e.g. CQSW, Dip (SW), MSW) and be registered as a Social Worker with the HCPC.
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
- You need at least 2 years’ frontline experience as well as completion of your ASYE.
- You will have passion for achieving better outcomes for vulnerable children and their families and this will be demonstrated through applying theory and research to frontline practice.
- You will have comprehensive knowledge of the challenges associated with working with children and their families.
- You will be comfortable in demonstrating professional competence in social work practice by using current knowledge and working within agreed standards of best social work practice and carrying out duties in accordance with the HCPC standards of proficiency.
What to Expect:
- Competitive starting salary plus Welcome Bonus.
- Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments.
- Market Forces payment of up to £5000 (£4000 for CLA teams).
- Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate that need to relocate for the role.
- Car lease scheme.
- Free parking at all of the sites.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Up to 31 days annual leave entitlement.
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out.
Can you see yourself working in Hertfordshire?
This job is advertised by Lauren Bishop; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now, or make contact via [email protected]