Sector: Social Care
Consultant: Vincent Lagos
Salary: £36000 - £38000
Job Status: Permanent / Full Time
Seven Social Care is looking for a Registered Manager to fill an exclusive opportunity based with a leading social care provider based in Hamilton, Scotland.
Your primary function will be to manage the existing residential service and, if appropriate, the respite and day care service. You will also have management and supervisory responsibility for all staff within the Unit, enabling them to work as a close-knit team.
- Deputise for the Head of Service if required.
- Have overall management and supervisory responsibilities for all staff in the Unit.
- Manage the Unit budget within its defined parameters and carry out regular financial checks.
- Be responsible for personnel management including; recruitment, selection and retainment: including implementation of staff terms and conditions and absence management.
- Produce staffing rotas to provide optimum cover to meet the needs of service users.
- Promote best practice in line with organisational and national standards and current legislation.
- Ensure relevant policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Head of Service, evaluate and implement where necessary, requirements from Care Commission reports.
- Contribute to the overall strategic direction of the organisation through membership of the team and involvement in the strategic planning process.
- Qualifications : SVQ Level 4 in Social Care or equivalent. If you do not currently hold this level of qualification you will be expected to achieve SVQ Level 4 within a specified period of time.
- Experience : You’ll also possess effective decision making skills and ideally experience of supervising other staff Compliance: You are required to have a Christian faith and be able to work within and uphold the Christian Ethos. This post is subject to membership of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
- Travel : Ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours : 36 hours p/w
What to expect:
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Professional development support
This job is advertised by Vincent Lagos Colombel; if you are interested in this position please click and apply now.
Please feel free to contact Vincent on 07520 634 851 or at [email protected]-resourcing.com